TECHNICAL LEAD ENGINEER
The Nod is looking for a proactive, confident and adaptable full-stack engineer to take up the role of Technical Lead to continue the development of an exciting new product. This is the perfect role for someone looking to evolve and establish their leadership skills, as well as have influence in an organisation.
ABOUT THE NOD
The Nod is an innovative, fast and affordable Creative Testing platform. Disrupting the research industry, our high-growth software business is helping Brands, Agencies and Media-owners alike change the way they assess Marketing success. It’s simple really, we answer the age-old question, “Is it the creative or the placement?”. A brain-child of our established Market Research Consultancy, Rare:, The Nod launched in September 2018, after robust user-testing and development. We are completely self-funded and, with a pipeline bursting with ideas for the future, are in the envious position to invite every team member to challenge and shape our future, without restrictions from third party investors.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are a small team of technologists and engineers, researchers, marketing strategists and consultants but we’re quickly growing!
We are a fast paced entrepreneurial business where no two days are ever the same. We offer flexible working and invest in training and support personal growth - so whatever you bring to the room (e.g. Heavy Metal, pottery skills, a passion for food…) will be more than welcomed. We’re based near London Bridge Station, an amazing area for food and after work drinks. And we are part of the cycle to work scheme!
ABOUT THE ROLE
It is an exciting time for us, as we are building a Technology Team to develop the product in market... and you will be one of the first through the door. Joining our Leadership Team, we are looking for an engineer who can both lead the Technology Team, whilst have a vision to properly structure our tech capabilities, whilst keeping one eye on the future. As well as the business’ authority on technology, you won’t be afraid to roll-up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, splitting your time equally between both leadership and development.
With acute business acumen, you’ll be a dynamic problem solver who has the ability to spot and prioritise profit driving initiatives, whilst being willing to live or die by delivering the Tech Roadmap. Familiar with high-growth businesses, you’ll not only provide discipline around maintaining a robust and stable platform, but a solid strategy to optimise for scalability.
Responsible for developing an our product further to meet mounting demand from our clients, you will work alongside the senior management, developing our full-stack capabilities, with a current focus on innovation and Dev Ops. With the support of our other Engineers, you will drive our technical service offering whilst growing your team.
An experienced manager, you will be confident in assigning day-to-day team work and reviewing performance. As a strong communicator who can work closely with/and develop productive relationships with all disciplines, you will bridge the gap between the Tech Team and the wider business.
We are looking for someone with professional experience who is looking to grow in autonomy and responsibility. This is a fantastic role for someone who is looking to step up and have influence within a company.
● Back-end programming (Node.js)
● Experience building microservices
● Architectural Thought Leadership
● Linux server administration (or Azure, AWS, GCP etc.)
● Database management (Postgres or equivalent)
● Relational database experience
● Knowledge of automated testing advantageous
● CI/CD experience is a plus
● Experience leading and managing Agile teams
● Ability to plan and delegate work, managing expectations of senior leaders
● A natural leader with the ability to provide clarity, whilst leading from the front
● Strong business acumen, always having eyes on the prize
● A problem solver with excellent communication skills
● Ability to work collaboratively with a core team and partners
● A curious personality with a passion for great technology
● Competitive salary
● £750/ year training bursary - do anything you like, we won’t ask!
● Innovation time – we want you keep learning and develop your skills in all areas to help evolve Technical thought-leadership within the business
● London based, flexible working
This is a newly created role so would ideally suit someone that has worked in a start-up or SME/high growth environment!
If you are interested, get in touch at email@example.com - And if you know someone who could be, we love recommendations!